- "Oh, the thrill of the chase as I soar through the air
With the Snitch up ahead and the wind in my hair As I draw ever closer, the crowd gives a shout But then comes a Bludger and I am knocked out."
Quidditch Through the Ages is a book written by J. K. Rowling for the Comic Relief U.K. charity in 2001. Written under the pseudonymKennilworthy Whisp, it is meant to be a copy of the in-universe bookQuidditch Through the Ages. The premise is that the book has been released to the Muggle world to help raise money for needy causes. It features a foreword by Albus Dumbledore, in which he stresses the only way he was able to take it from Irma Pince—Librarian of theHogwarts Library—was to "prise her fingers individually from the spine."
The first page is meant to look like a library borrowing log, which
|Quidditch Through the Ages|
Lots of Muggles.
features the names of many Hogwarts Quidditch players. The nameH. Granger appears near the bottom, as she took it out in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, before the first broom riding lesson. The other names are O. Wood, B. Dunstan, M. Flint, C. Diggory, A. Johnson, E. Macmillan, T. Boot, S. Fawcett, K. Bundy, K. Bell, C. Warrington, J. Dorny, T. Nott, S. Capper, M. Bulstrode, F. Weasley, and H. Potter. However, in the 2009 edition (UK) these names are listed in the library borrowing log, in this order: R. Weasley, N. Longbottom, S. Bones, H. Granger, Padma Patil, E. Macmillan, M. Bulstrode, H. Granger (again), and Draco Malfoy.
The copyright page features Praise for Quidditch Through the Ages, with commentary by wizarding celebrities Bathilda Bagshot, Brutus Scrimgeour, Gilderoy Lockhart, Ludo Bagman, Rita Skeeter and the Editor of Which Broomstick.
- Ancient Broom Games
- The Game from Queerditch Marsh
- The Arrival of the Golden Snitch
- Anti-Muggle Precautions
- Changes in Quidditch since the Fourteenth Century
- Quidditch Teams of Britain and Ireland
- The Spread of Quidditch Worldwide
- The Development of the Racing Broom
- Quidditch Today
Behind the scenesEdit
- A discrepancy in the in-universe book is that although Harry had the book in his first year (1991-1992), there is an event listed that occurred in 1994. It is, however, possible, that the "real" edition was updated.
- This book is available in the Muggle world (Dumbledore writes that everything is "fictional"), for the purpose of raising money.
- Add category
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Recent Wiki Activity
- Rubeus Hagrid's pumpkin patchedited by HarryPotterPhilosopherStone 10 minutes ago
- 2014 Quidditch World Cupedited by Seth Cooper 13 minutes ago
- Remus Lupinedited by Misskatniss1546 32 minutes ago
- Severus Snapeedited by Im-a-potterhead-are-you 40 minutes ago
See more >=Must Watch Videos=
- 01:34Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Movie Trailer - Teaser Trailer
- 02:29Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Movie Feature-Behind-the-Scenes - Behind The Scenes
- 00:52Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Movie Clip - This Is Hogwarts
- 04:59Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Movie Interview - Video Interviews
- 01:53Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Movie Trailer - Trailer
Harry Potter Wiki
Start a Chat